Tuesday, July 27

find something to motivate you

This is a space for inspiration.
The original idea today was to talk about my efforts on Etsy and my thoughts on starting out + forming a cohesive line.

But really my designs are about botanicals. And a large part of my inspiration comes from nature. 

Art and originality are synonymous for many people.

Even without reviewing Dutch vanitas, impressionist paintings, or the works of Georgia O’Keefe it isn’t much of a surprise: Nature (in my opinion), is the original muse!


For a time I was a bit of a closet horticultural nerd. After all, who isn't inspired by nature? Where’s the originality in that? 

Still, I can't help it. I love, love, love plants! I adore the studied illustrations from the 18th + 19th centuries. I marvel at all manner textiles from the grandiose woven tapestries in the Musee du Louvre to the mod prints at Marimekko -- and objects d'arte or even the simple vintage tea cup; so many of these infused with the beauty of nature!

Anything can motivate. 
I happen to turn to botanicals.
Here’s what I’ve done with my inspiration on a small scale.

   

  

You can find something to motivate you too.
 And don’t over think it like I do, just enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"...judging art is the least popular goal among American art critics, and simply describing art is most popular: it is an amazing reversal, as astonishing as if physicists had declared they would no longer try to understand the universe, but just appreciate it." -- Elkins, What Happened to Art Criticism?

Creative Commons License
This work by Rosalina Angelou Zindler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.